Teachers of Religious Education to A-level (Permanent/Full-time)
Closing date for receipt of applications by hand or by post only: 12 noon, Friday 16th October, 2020
(Application forms returned by email will not be accepted).
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 2nd November, 2020.
To All Applicants
- The Board of Governors seeks to appoint enthusiastic teachers who can contribute at all levels and who can offer an enriched curricular and extra-curricular experience to the students.
- The selection panel reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate a manageable shortlist
Shortlisted applications will be held on file for similar vacancies which may arise within the next 12 months. Canvassing either directly or indirectly will disqualify candidates.
- Thornhill College is committed to following Child Protection guidelines and procedures as prescribed by DENI and EA.
- Thornhill College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Be a qualified teacher, registered with the GTCNI and recognised by the Department of Education to teach at second level in the required subject.
- Hold an Honours Degree in Religious Education (min 2.2) or equivalent in the required subject.
- Hold an Honours Degree in Religious Education (min 2.1) or equivalent.
- Can offer to teach another subject in the school curriculum.
The above criteria should be addressed on the application form
The above criteria may be enhanced to facilitate short listing.
Personal Skills and Qualities
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and qualities during the interview being held for this post.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise work.
- Ability to teach across a range of abilities.
- Good classroom management skills.
- Be competent in the use of ICT to support learning and teaching.
- Demonstrate interest, enthusiasm and expertise for the subject.
- A commitment to raising standards.
- Ability to relate to pupils, staff and parents.
- Demonstrate interest in pupil welfare/progress.
- Ability to operate well within a team and contribute positively to that team.
- Commitment to Ethos of a Catholic School.
- Commitment to the extra curricular life of the school.
Please note that this post may involve ‘regulated activity’ as defined under Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (NI) Order 2007.
Thornhill College is committed to following child protection guidelines and procedures as prescribed by DENI and EA.