Temporary Teacher of Biology and Life and Health Science (Jan - June 2020)
This post is maternity cover for an initial period of 6 months, from January-June 2020, with the possibility of an extension, subject to review.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS BY HAND OR BY POST ONLY 12 NOON, FRIDAY 3rd JANUARY 2020 (Application forms returned by email will not be accepted).
- Biology Department Brief
- Personnel Specification
- Terms and Conditions of Employment of a Teacher
- Application Form
- School Prospectus
Essential Criteria (by 1 September 2019):
- Qualified Teacher, registered with the GTCNI and recognised by the Department of Education to teach at second level in the required subject.
- Honours Degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in the required subject.
Desirable Criteria (by 1 September 2019):
- Honours Degree (minimum 2.1) or equivalent in the required subject.
- Experience of teaching Life and Health Sciences.
To All Applicants
- The Board of Governors seeks to appoint enthusiastic teachers who can contribute at all levels and who can offer an enriched curricular and extra-curricular experience to the students.
- The Selection Panel reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate a manageable shortlist. Shortlisted applications will be held on file for similar vacancies which may arise within the next 12 months. Canvassing either directly or indirectly will disqualify candidates.
- Thornhill College is committed to following Child Protection guidelines and procedures as prescribed by DENI and EA.
- This College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All information regarding the above post may be obtained from this website or by contacting the Principal’s Secretary on:
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS BY HAND OR BY POST ONLY
12 NOON, FRIDAY 3rd JANUARY 2020 (Application forms returned by email will not be accepted).
Please note that the school will be closed over the Christmas period from Monday 23rd December – 2nd January inc.
Interviews to take place on Thursday 16th January 2020