These documents explain how the GL assessment procedures work.
Click the above link to find out how to claim for consideration of any special circumstances that may have affected your child's performance in the Entrance Assessment (e.g. medical conditions).
Entrance Assessment (GL) - Registration Pack and Timetable
Please click on the links below:
Entrance Assessment Registration Form
- to be completed and returned to an Assessment Centre by Friday 20th September 2019. (2.00pm)
- to assist in the completion of the Entrance Assessment Registration Form and other documents.
Access Arrangements Form AA1*
- to be completed if you are claiming Access Arrangements for your child (see Guidance Notes).
Access Arrangements Form (Medical Information) AA2*
- to be completed by your child’s General Practitioner or Medical Consultant in support of a claim for Access Arrangements in relation to a medical condition.
Access Arrangements Form (Special Educational Needs) AA3*
- to be completed by a suitably qualified person in support of a claim for Access Arrangements in relation to your child’s special educational needs.
*If you are considering claiming Access Arrangements for your child, you are advised to obtain a copy of the Access Arrangements Policy document (see link below) which is also available on request from any Assessment Centre or from the websites which are listed in the Guidance Notes.
Documentation is also available from http://pptcni.com/
Specification of the Entrance Assessment
- These are the topics being assessed by the Entrance Assessment on 16th November 2019 and by the Supplementary Entrance Assessment on 7th December 2019.
- These are samples of the English and Mathematics practice and assessment papers being used for the Entrance Assessment along with sample answer sheets.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are answers to some of the queries you may have. If they do not cover all of your concerns, please contact your nearest Assessment Centre.
Registration packs also are available from Assessment Centres
or from the PPTC website http://pptcni.com/
|Friday 20th September 2019||Deadline (2.00 pm) for receipt of completed Registration Forms.|
|Saturday 16th November 2019||Entrance Assessment.|
|Monday 25th November 2019||Deadline (2.00 pm) for receipt of requests to take the Supplementary Entrance Assessment.|
|Saturday 7th December 2019||Supplementary Entrance Assessment.|
|Friday 13th December 2019||Deadline (2.00 pm) for registering claims for Special Circumstances.|
|Friday 24th January 2020||Results of the Entrance Assessment posted (first class) to children’s homes.|
|Friday 7th February 2020||Deadline (2.00 pm) for receipt of requests for re-mark of the Entrance Assessment.|