Required immediately: CLASSROOM ASSISTANT (2 posts) (Special Needs) (Term-Time)
- Post 1: 32.5 hours per week (20hpw SENCA / 12.5hpw GA1) - initially until 30th June 2020 (Ref: CA1/19)
- Post 2: 25 hours per week (20hpw SENCA / 5hpw GA1) (Ref: CA2/19)
- Personnel Specification (SEN Classroom Assistant
- Job Description - Classroom Assistant 1
- Job Description - Classroom Assistant 2
- Application Form - Classroom Assistant 1
- Application Form - Classroom Assistant 2
- Approved Qualifications For Classroom Assistant Role
- School Prospectus
Salary Scale is NJC for Local Authorities
- GA1 – Salary Scale is NJC for local Authorities SCP 3-4 (pa/pro-rata)
- SENCA – Salary Scale is NJC for Local Authorities SCP 5-7 (pa/pro rata)
- Have attained a qualification formerly deemed to be equivalent to recognised status.
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Mathematics and English Language at Grade C or above.
- Have previous experience in remunerated employment working with children with special needs
To All Applicants
The Board of Governors seeks to appoint enthusiastic staff who are willing and able to contribute to the ethos of the College and who will enrich the experience of the pupils through participating in extra-curricular activities.
The Selection Panel reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate a manageable shortlist. Shortlisted applications will be held on file for similar vacancies which may arise within the next 12 months. Canvassing either directly or indirectly will disqualify candidates.
Thornhill College is committed to following Child Protection guidelines and procedures as prescribed by DENI and EA. This College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Further information available by contacting the College: Tel: 028-71355800
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS BY HAND OR BY POST ONLY:
- 12 noon on Tuesday 17th December 2019
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 9th January 2020